Our project has several aims and objectives some of which are listed below:
- Develop and enhance music elements at Church services and events.
- Involve the local and wider community as much as possible in all aspects of the project from music events though to fundraising.
- Encourage the development of Church music in the local and wider community.
- Raise awareness of the Organ at St John’s and promote it as a resource for musicians both locally and nationally.
- Further research the history of the Organ at St John’s and its impact on the local community when it was first built.
- Formulate an outreach program to deliver educational events to increase knowledge of this instrument and train new organists.
- Design, produce and utilise existing resources to create learning resources to explore, interpret and learn about the Organ at St John’s, its history and its future.
- Provide an instrument that is attractive to professional organists for recitals and training purposes.
- Fully restore the Organ at St John’s Church to ensure its long term future.